Thomas Van Minnebruggen grew up in the world of equestrianism and became a very successful rider himself. After graduating, he knew he wanted to build his career in this field. Thomas decided to pass on his life's knowledge and experience, so he founded VM Sporthorses, driven by the same passion that propels him in the saddle.
VM Sporthorses soon achieved success in discovering and training talented sport horses.
Some well-known horses which Thomas has had under the saddle and succeeded in training to a very high standard:
- Angel van ‘t Hof (Niels Bruynseels)
- Ego van Orti (Edwina Tops-Alexander)
- Epleaser van ‘t Heike (Christian Ahlman)
- Boomer van ‘t Heike
- Israël van de Dennehoeve (Niels Bruynseels)
- Ibbo van ‘t Keldertje (Niels Bruynseels)
- Iron man III (Sergio Alvarez Moya)
- Bolero III (Darragh Kenny)
Since we know from experience that the horses' health and the respect with which they are treated are crucial to their performance in the long run, the team at VM Sporthorses decided to make these our guiding principles. Thomas’ father Guy Van Minnebruggen, who is a veterinarian specialized in sport horses, closely watches over the horses’ health and quality of life with a professional eye.
We at VM Sporthorses are happy to help our clients when they are looking for a suitable horse. After the sale, we help them form a top team. The achievements of our own horses, but also those of our reference horses and their new owners, give us much pride and satisfaction. We always maintain a lasting contact with our clients. This network of partners, acquaintances and friends not only is a great benefit in running the stable, Thomas also finds it very valuable on a personal level.
Thomas Van Minnebruggen
It was almost inevitable that Thomas would end up in the world of equestrian sports. With his father Guy being a veterinarian specialized in sport horses, and already showing promising talent as a precocious 3-year-old, Thomas followed his sister to tournaments organized by the Club of Rural Riders (Landelijke Rijvereniging). He grew up alongside the obstacles he jumped with his pony in his club's highest series. From the age of 14 he began to come to the forefront both nationally and internationally.
At that time, Thomas was part of the AA Talent Plan launched by the Flemish League of Equestrian Sports (Vlaamse Liga Paardensport). This program offers young and talented riders the opportunity to hone their skills with tutorials from top riders. During this time he also took weekly private lessons in dressage and jumping. Training schemes abroad afforded him the opportunity to get to know many new and different horses, each with their own characters, and to discover the inner workings of a sport and trading stable.
This is just a selection of the results Thomas managed to achieve over the years:
- 2017: VOR Championship - 6 year olds - Escapade III Z - 1st place
- 2017: CSI**WEN - 1m50 GP - Unicstar de Courcy - 5th place
- 2016: CSI**WEN - 1m50 GP - Angel van ‘t Hof - 2nd place
- 2015: VOR Championship - 6 year olds - Jasper III Z - 1st place
- 2015: CSI*** Kapellen - 1m55 GP - Angel van ‘t Hof - 9th place
- 2015: CS** Lier - 1m45 GP - Angel van ‘t Hof - 5th place
- 2015: CSI**WEN - 1m50 GP - Angel van ‘t Hof - 4th place
- 2014: Flemish Championship Mechelen - Angel van ‘t Hof - 5th place
- 2012: Belgian Championship 7-year-olds Lummen - Falco - bronze medal
- 2010: CSN Duisburg - 1m50 GP - Tinkerbell - 6th place
- 2010: CSI** Hulsterlo - 1m45 GP - Tinkerbell - 4th place
- 2009: Euro Championship Young Riders - Hoofddorp - Tinkerbell - final
- 2009: Nations Cup Young Riders Hagen - Tinkerbell - 4th place
- 2009: CSI** Antwerpen - 1m45 GP - Toakley - 7th place
- 2008: European Championship Young Riders - Prague - Tinkerbell
- 2008: Belgian Championship Young Riders - Pottes - Tinkerbell - 4th place
- 2007: CSI** Wisbecq - GP - Baldwin - 2nd place
- 2007: CSIJ Compiègne - GP - Baldwin - 2nd place
- 2007: European Championship Juniors - Auvers - Baldwin
- 2006: Nations Cup Le Touquet - Kassian - 1st place
- 2006: Belgian Championship Juniors - Brugge - Baldwin - 4th place
- 2006: Belgian Cup - Pottes - Baldwin - 4th place
Should you have any more questions, we are happy to provide additional information.
If you would like to buy a horse, we advise you and select your ideal horse.
If you have a young and talented horse for sale, we might be interested in buying.
Contact us today!